It might be simpler than you think to print on your iPhone or iPad. The simplest approach to print from an iPhone is to install a printer that supports AirPrint so that you may do it wirelessly and instantly.
By installing your printer's software on an iPhone or iPad or by connecting your devices with a USB connection and adapter, you can print wirelessly without using AirPrint. Here's the complete process.
How to print from iPhone
From applications like Mail, Photos, and Safari, use AirPrint to print wirelessly to a printer that supports AirPrint. On the App Store, a lot of applications also support AirPrint.
The printer and iPhone need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
How to print from an iPhone with AirPrint
The majority of modern printers with wireless connectivity include the AirPrint feature, which makes it simple to connect to an iPhone or iPad and print directly from the printer.
A quick tip: To find out if your printer supports AirPrint, check out this list of compatible models. Although the list is lengthy, you may rapidly check if you press control + F and enter the name of your printer.
To use AirPrint to connect a printer to your iPhone or iPad and print with it:
- Start the app you want to print from.
- Tap the reply icon, share symbol, or share icon on the app to get the print option.
- Scroll down and select Print or the Pinterest button. Check the User Guide or Help section of the application if you can't find the print option. Not all applications are AirPrint compatible.
- Tap Select Printer to choose an AirPrint-compatible printer.
- Decide on other options, such as the pages you want to print, or the number of copies.
- In the top right corner, tap Print.
When in range, the AirPrint-capable printer will now appear as an option for printing after being added to your list of favorite devices. The same procedures apply for adding a new printer, and you may connect more than one printer to your iPhone at any time.
How to print from an iPhone without AirPrint
Not every printer has AirPrint, especially if it's an older model. However, if they support wireless printing, you should still be able to do so; all you need to do is download your printer's app from the App Store.
A quick tip: Install the Smart app on your iPhone or iPad if you have an HP printer. Download the Canon PRINT Inkjet app instead if you have a Canon printer.
Without using AirPrint, set up a printer on your iPhone or iPad and use that to print:
- On your device, open the printer app.
- Enable the Wi-Fi on your printer.
- Select the Wi-Fi tab under "Settings" on your smartphone or tablet.
- Under "OTHER NETWORKS," find your printer and tap on it.
- When you have the webpage, image, or document you wish to print open, click the "Share" icon.
- Now that the printer and app are connected, you should be able to print.
How to print a document on an iPhone
Depending on the app you're using, tap... or, then tap Print. By swiping upward, you may see Print if not.
How to Print from an iPhone Using a USB Cable
You must use a piece of hardware as a bridge in order to print from an iPhone or iPad to a printer that cannot connect wirelessly. To connect your iPhone to the USB cord, you'll need a USB OTG (on-the-go) adapter.
Using a USB cord, print from an iPhone or iPad:
- Connect the USB chord's other end to the USB OTG cord and turn on your printer while the USB cord is connected to it at one end. Connect the USB OTG cable's other end to your iPhone or iPad.
- Your iPhone or iPad should display a pop-up; choose "OK."
- Next, open the document you want to print on your iPhone or iPad and touch the Share option.
- Pick "Print" from the Share menu's options.
- On the Printer Options page, the connected printer ought to be listed next to "Printer."
- In the upper-right corner, click "Print."
How to see the status of a Print Job on an iPhone
- Tap Print Center after opening the App Switcher.
- The number of papers in the queue is shown by the badge on the icon.
- In Print Center, choose the print job you want to cancel, then press Cancel Printing.
How to view or cancel your print job on an iPhone
Through the App Switcher, you may check your print jobs and cancel them while you're printing.
- View a print job: Open the App Switcher and select Print Center to view a print job.
- Cancel a print job: Open the App Switcher, select Print Center, and then select Cancel Printing to stop printing.
Wi-Fi and Ethernet networks both support AirPrint. AirPrint cannot be used with devices connected by Bluetooth to your computer or over the USB connector of an Apple AirPort Base Station or AirPort Time Capsule.