It takes some skill to delete numerous contacts at once on an iPhone. Since there is no multi-delete option in Contacts on the iPhone, deleting contacts will take a while. In actuality, using a Mac or PC to swiftly remove several contacts from your iPhone is the simplest method. You'll see how to remove contacts on an iPhone, Mac, and PC in this tutorial.
How to delete contacts on iPhone
A contract that you erase from your device is gone forever. Additionally, when contact is completely deleted from your email account, it is also permanently deleted from any devices that are logged into that email account.
To delete a contact, follow these steps:
- Get the Contacts app open on your iPhone.
- Locate and tap the contact you want to remove.
- Tap Delete Contact after swiping down to the very bottom of the screen.
- Tap the contact you wish to remove after opening Contacts.
- Click Edit.
- Press Delete Contact while scrolling down, then tap it once again to be sure.
How to Set up your contact's account on your iPhone
The Contacts app may be configured to exchange contacts with your email accounts. You may also set up a contacts account if you have one, such as one for a company or educational institution. This is how:
- Click on Settings > Contacts > Accounts.
- Select Add Account.
- Select the account-specific service by tapping it. You may also select Other to create a CardDAV or LDAP account for your contacts.
- Please enter your username and password.
- Click Next.
To view contacts for a certain account if you have several accounts set up in the Contacts app, open Contacts and select Groups in the upper-left corner.
How to Turn on or off Contacts for an Account on an iPhone
Want to add or delete each and every contact from a pre-created account? Simply enable or disable Contacts for that account:
- Click on Settings > Contacts > Accounts.
- To add or remove contacts, tap the account that contains them.
- Turn on Contacts to add contacts. Turn off Contacts, then choose Delete from My iPhone to remove contacts.
How to display and sort contacts on an iPhone
You may arrange your contacts any way you choose, such as alphabetically by first or last name. Just select one of the options below by going to Settings > Contacts:
- Sort your contacts by first or last name in alphabetical order.
- Display the first names of contacts either before or after the last names.
- Select the short name that will display next to your contact's name in applications like Mail, Messages, Phone, and others.
Choosing a default account on an iPhone to add new contacts
You may select a default account to add new contacts too if you have several accounts set up in the Contacts app. Simply select an account by going to Settings > Contacts > Default Account.
How to Delete Multiple Contacts from an iPhone
You may manage and remove your iCloud contacts via the iCloud website with any online browser, regardless of the type of PC you use. You may accomplish the same task using the Contacts app on a Mac.
For Microsoft Windows users:
- Go to icloud.com with your favorite web browser. After signing in with your Apple ID, select Contacts.
- Click the Contacts you wish to remove while holding down Ctrl.
- Select Delete from the menu when you click the gear symbol in the lower left corner.
- In the confirmation menu, choose Delete.
Any modifications made through the iCloud website should transfer to your iPhone just like they would on a Mac.
For Apple Mac users:
Using the Contacts software on your Mac, you may delete many contacts from your iPhone at once. Make sure your Apple ID is the same as the one associated with your iPhone for this to function.
- Click Apple ID in System Preferences once it's open.
- To enable contacts syncing between devices, choose the Contacts check box.
- Activate the Contacts app. Click each contact you wish to eliminate while holding down Command.
- The contacts that were clicked will be highlighted. Holding the Control key as you click or right-click after you've chosen everything you want to erase.
- It will launch a menu. Select "Delete Cards" from the menu.
- Click the Delete button located in the confirmation window.
Any updates will sync to your iPhone and other devices as long as Contacts is selected in your Apple ID options.
Learn how to delete all contacts from your iPhone
Instead of returning an iPhone to factory settings, users occasionally make the error of mass-deleting all of their contacts and other personal data before handing the device on. This also occurs when the iPhone is being sold, albeit it happens more frequently when the owner is simply giving the phone to a family member.
You do not need to delete all of your contacts, but you will need to completely sign out of Apple ID and iCloud and erase all of your data from the iPhone by resetting the device to its factory settings in order to protect your privacy and avoid the difficulties that come with sharing an Apple ID with another person. All of the contacts on that iPhone will be wiped when the data is removed, but they won't be removed from any other location's Contacts app.
Setting up Family Sharing, which enables you to share purchases while using different Apple IDs, is a good idea if you want to give the cleared device to a family member and want to be able to share App Store and iTunes purchases.