How to Activate a New iPhone: There must be an active Wi-Fi network accessible if activating through Wi-Fi. The device must be in any wireless LTE region while activating over the cellular network.
Refer to Activate or Switch devices if you'd want to activate your new iPhone on a different mobile number associated with your account.
Verify that the device is charged. Watch a YouTube video for a brief summary.
Swapping the SIM card from your previous handset may prevent your device from being properly provisioned for any 5G network when activating a 5G iPhone.
How to Activate New iPhone
These instructions will show you how to activate your new Apple® iPhone®.
- Make sure Find My iPhone is off on your old iPhone, then turn it off.
- Go to step 2 if you don't own a prior iPhone.
- Simply hold down the Power button to power on the new iPhone (top-right edge).
- A pre-installed 5G SIM card is provided when activating a 5G iPhone 13 or earlier purchased from any network operator. Removing this SIM card might prevent your smartphone from being properly configured for the 5G network, so don't do it.
- Verify your phone number on the Activation page, then select Next.
- See this Apple support information if confirmation is unsuccessful.
- Next, enter the account PIN or the account owner's Social Security Number (SSN) last four digits.
- When activating a new phone, make sure the old phone is turned off and give the old phone a few minutes to fully deactivate.
- If activation is successful, move on to step 4; if not, follow the instructions on-screen or get in touch with us.
- To select a language, swipe up from the bottom of the screen, then tap the nation or area.
- To open, click the Home button on a device if it has one.
- Click Manually Set Up.
- Follow the instructions to utilize Quick Start if you have an older smartphone running iOS 11 or later.
- Enter your WiFi password, then touch Join after selecting the Wi-Fi network.
- Tap Use Cellular Connection when activating over any network provider.
- Choose the Wi-Fi network you wish to use after that.
- Tap Continue from the Data & Privacy screen.
- When asked whether to set up Face ID or Touch ID, choose Continue and then adhere to the on-screen instructions.
- Be a passcode, then input it again to make sure.
- To set up, select:
- Your backup may be restored in as little as 30 minutes.
- iCloud® Backup restore
- back up from a Mac or PC
- Direct Transfer from iPhone
- Transfer data from your Android device
- Do Not Transfer Apps or Data
- Once your Apple ID and password have been entered, tap Next.
- A verification code is delivered to the device where your Apple ID is already active; you must input it in order to continue with activation.
- Refer to one of the following if you don't have an Apple ID or have forgotten your sign-in details:
- forgotten Apple ID or password
- Freely create an Apple ID.
- Later On in Settings
- Review the terms and conditions if asked, then hit Agree.
- Tap "Continue" or "Customize Settings" on the Express Settings screen to continue.
- Tap Continue from the Keep Your iPhone Updated menu.
- Tap Continue or Not Now on the iMessage & Facetime screen to proceed.
- From the Siri screen, go to Settings and select Continue or Set up Later.
- From the Screen Time screen, select Settings > Continue or Set Up Later.
- To share with app developers or not, select Share with App Developers from the App Analytics page.
- On the True Tone Display panel, press the Continue button.
- Choose Light or Dark from the Appearance menu, then touch Continue.
- Choose Standard or Zoomed from the Display Zoom menu, then touch Continue.
- For set up to be finished, swipe up or press Get Started.
- Verify that the network provider appears in the status bar at the top of the screen instead of No Service.
- It can take two to three minutes to complete this process.