How to Get Help in Windows: 10 Simple Ways to Get Help in Windows OS, get help in windows os, how to get help in windows operating system, get help in Microsoft windows these are all discussed here.
If you are a computer user, then you must be using Windows operating system or have recently started using Windows operating system, then in such a situation, you will not be able to fix the problems and bugs in Windows OS alone.
Here are 10 easy-to-use ways in which you can easily solve your Windows OS problems with the help of tools provided in Windows and Microsoft Support.
How to Get Help in Windows
If you are facing some problem in Windows 10, then you want to fix it as soon as possible so that you can do your work. Microsoft has many support services built into its operating system so that you can fix your problem automatically when needed.
Microsoft is also ready to assist you 24×7×365 so that you can also get help via phone or live chat. Here are 10 ways to get help in Windows 10.
- Microsoft Teams
- Get Help App
- F1 Key
- Windows Searchbox
- Help From support.microsoft.com
- Helpful Tips
- Windows Update
- Find a solution to your problem on the Internet
Get Help from Troubleshooter
Troubleshooter in Windows is a powerful tool with the help of which you can solve most common computer problems yourself whether you're working on a computer at home or at the office, troubleshooting PC problems has become a part of everyday life.
Even if you think that your system is stable and secure, there can be thousands of PC problems like hardware failure, various error messages, malicious software, or sometimes just a single cable loose.
- Through the troubleshooting function, you can find minor problems coming into the computer.
- You can fix minor problems with your computer by yourself through the Troubleshooting function.
- The troubleshooting function automatically finds the problem and fixes it quickly.
Get Help from Microsoft Teams help & learning
Microsoft Teams is a business communication platform. This application provides us the facility of workspace chat, videoconferencing, video meetings, file storage, etc.
During an event in New York, Microsoft announced its service Microsoft Teams, and from 14 March 2017, this service was started all over the world. It is currently headed by Brian McDonald, Corporate Vice President of Microsoft.
With its help, you can also learn how to use a windows computer and can also find solutions to computer-related problems on both applications and websites. Microsoft Teams' application is available for Windows as well as Android and iOS.
The following features are available in Microsoft Teams help & learning:
- Get started
- Teams & channels
- Calls & devices
- Apps & services
Use Get Help App
There is a GetHelp application in Windows 10 that can help us fix many problems. To use it, search in the Windows search box given below, click on it, when the application is opened, type your problem and search and get help.
Here you can connect and talk to a Microsoft support person regarding your problem.
Use F1 Key
F1 Function Key is used in most programs to open the Help Center. You can open the Help section of the browser, game, etc. by pressing this Function Key. Apart from this, the F1 Function Key is also used to open the Task Pane.
- F1 - Open Help
- Windows Key+F1 - Open Windows Help and Support Center
- Ctrl+F1 - Open Task Pane
Get Help From Cortana
Cortana is a virtual assistant developed by Microsoft that uses the Bing search engine to perform tasks such as setting reminders and answering our questions.
If you want to solve your problem by speaking instead of typing, you can ask Cortana for help with understanding basic issues with Windows 10.
To activate Cortana, click Microphone in the menu bar or say "Hey Cortana" if you have that option enabled with this we can ask the solution of the problem coming in Windows, it gives us the exact solution.
Use Windows Search Box
The windows search box is at the bottom left of the Start Menu. Now, what is the use of it? Suppose you want to open a program but you cannot find it, then you type the name of that program in this search box and press Enter from the keyboard, that program will be shown and you can open it.
Get Help From support.microsoft.com
Support.microsoft.com is the Microsoft website from where you can find solutions to problems related to any Microsoft service.
For this, we have to visit the website, choose our service or product, and get help.
Get answers to questions related to Windows operating system like how to retrieve Windows product key, how to activate windows, how to install windows, how to upgrade windows, and many more, get answers and solutions to many more questions just on support.microsoft.com.
Get Help From Helpful Tips
There is a Tips app in Windows 10 from which tips can be taken for using the Windows operating system.
To use the Tips app, search by typing tips in the Windows search box, now the Tips app will show in front of you, open it, read and follow the given Windows tips.
There are many useful tips on Windows 10 on the internet that you can go through.
Microsoft releases updates to fix the vulnerability and shortcomings of its operating system so that Windows can be fixed, but some users do not update it, due to which they have to face many problems.
Do not do this, download and install the update issued by Microsoft for Windows, if Windows is updated, then it has many benefits like Windows running faster, the use of new features, security improvements, bug fixes, and more. Many other advantages.
Use Web Search to Get Help
Do not depend on anyone's source for the problem related to Windows, it is not necessary that anyone has the solution for every problem in Windows. Talk to Microsoft Support to get your problem fixed.
Understand your problem and try to fix it yourself, if you do not understand then search the web, watch video tutorials, share your problem in the Windows community.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
In addition to How to Get Help in Windows 10 in the FAQ, many questions related to the Windows operating system have been answered, if any of these questions are related to your problem, then read the information or steps related to that question carefully.
If you have any questions then definitely talk to us in the comment box.
How to Install Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Follow the given steps to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1
- In Windows, search the registry in the search box given below, on opening it, it will ask for permission to make changes in your device, make it yes.
- After opening the registry, follow this path HKey Local Machine>System>Current Control Set>Control>Windows>CSD Version.
- Right-click on CSD Version and save by typing 100 in value.
- After that restart your computer or laptop. While restarting it will take some permissions set it to yes
- This may take 10 to 20 minutes. After this Windows 7 Service Pack, 1 will be installed on your computer or laptop.
How to Find My Windows Product Key
To find the Windows product key, open the command prompt and enter the given command. wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey. Enter or copy and paste the given command by typing exactly the same.
Note that the option of copy-paste is not shown in the command prompt, copy-paste can be done with the right click of mouse or touchpad.
If your Windows is pirated then a blank box will show here.
How to Add Multiple Monitors to Your Windows 10 PC
There are 2 options available to connect the multiple monitors to Windows, the first is the wireless display, the second is plug-in with wire, in which we can connect multiple displays to Windows with the help of an HDMI port and VGA port.
- First of all, search for rearrange multiple displays in the Windows search bar, open it.
- Then go to the setting of multiple displays.
- Here two options will be available Detect Other Display and Connect to Wireless Display.
- First connect the display with the port available in your device (DVI, HDMI, Display Port interface, VGA) then click on Detect option.
- To connect the wireless display, click on Connect to Wireless Display, after which it will automatically detect the available display. Select and connect your display to the display shows.
- After this, you will be able to manage your multiple monitors.
How do I Sync My Settings in Windows 10?
- Open the Windows search bar, find Sync your settings, and click on it. Now set up one drive next.
- Customize your sync settings then save.
- Here the facility to sync theme, password, language, and other settings of Windows is available.
- There will be two options on the right, first fix one drive sync problem, in this one will get an option to fix the problem related to one drive sync.
- Second Syncing Microsoft Edge Favorites This is an option to sync a Microsoft browser setting. In which most searches and settings made in Edge browser can be saved.
- The sync feature can be used only if you have a Microsoft account, without a Microsoft account any settings cannot be synced.
How to Share Files Over Bluetooth in Windows 10
To share files via Bluetooth in Windows 10, turn on Bluetooth, then right-click on the Bluetooth icon that is showing, if you want to send a file to your phone, then click on Send a file, otherwise click on receive a file.
Send the file from mobile then accept that file in your laptop or computer Bluetooth notification.
How to Download Print Drivers in Windows 10
- Open the Control Panel, here Hardware and the Sound option will be shown, click on it.
- After this, click on Advanced Printer Setup in the option of Devices and Printers.
- Click on The Printer That I Want Is Not Listed.
- Now select Add local printer and network printer with manual settings and click on Next.
- Leave as it is Use an Exiting Port: LPT1: (Printer Port) and click on Next.
- Here all the printers present in your device will be shown, select the printer brand you need, then select its model then click on Next.
- Now click on Next to replace the installed printer, then install your printer.
- If the printer that you are looking for is not in the list, then download its driver's file from the Internet and save it on the hard disk or SDD, then click on the have a disk option and install that driver.
How to Create Users in Windows 10
- To create a user in Windows 10, first, go to Settings, then go to Account, then click on the option of Family & others User.
- Click on I don't have this person sign in information then click on Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Enter Username and Password then click on Next.
- After finishing some further processes, the user will be created in Windows 10.
How to Use Alarms in Windows 10
Follow the steps given below to set an alarm in Windows 10.
- To set alarm in Windows 10, search for alarm in the Windows search box.
- It can also be in the option of an alarm clock in different company laptops.
- Open it and then set the alarm by clicking on the plus icon.
- Here the option of time, week, and the repeated alarm are available to set the alarm, along with this, the alarm music can also be changed with the given number of musical tones.
- Your alarm will be set.
Why isn't Cortana Available on My Windows 10 PC
There can be mainly two reasons why Cortana isn't available on your PC, first Windows Update second Sign In into Cortana app.
- Check Windows 10 Update If any update has come, download and install it.
- Open the Cortana app and sign in with Microsoft account.
- Then click on Accept and Continue.
- Cortana is all set to use.
How to Change Printer Status to Online Windows 10
- Find Devices and Printers in the Windows search box and open it.
- Go to the option of Printers, here the installed printers in your device will be shown.
- Right-click your selected printer, then click Printer Properties. You will also get the option of properties below, do not click on it. Keep in mind we only have to click on Printer Properties.
- Now click on Port, here uncheck SNMP Status Enabled then click on OK.
- Close open windows and restart your computer or laptop.
How to Use a Remote Desktop to Connect to a Windows 10 PC
First of all, go to Settings Enable Remote Desktop
After this, search the Remote Desktop Connection app in the Windows search box on the desktop or laptop from which you want to access remotely, open it and use Remote Desktop by entering your username, password.
How to Use Dynamic Lock in Windows 10
To use Dynamic Lock, your PC or laptop has to be connected to your phone via Bluetooth, the only benefit of which is whenever you take your phone away from the laptop or PC. Then your laptop or PC will be automatically locked.
- Click on the Start Menu, go to Settings, click on Accounts.
- Click on the Sign-in option to turn on Dynamic Lock.
- Pair your phone and desktop via BlueTooth.
How to Change Screen Resolution in Windows 10
Search by typing screen resolution in the Windows search box, here it will show a setting named Change display resolution, click on it
Now select the resolution in which you want to set the display and click on the save setting, the screen resolution will be saved.
How do I Remove Programs with Control Panel in Windows 10
To the first click on Control Panel, then go to Programs, here go to Uninstall a Program option in Programs and Features.
Select any program you want to delete or remove, click on the uninstall button will show as soon as you select the program to uninstall.
After clicking Uninstall Windows will show the screen in which the program will be removed, in a few seconds that program will be deleted from your computer or laptop.
On the Uninstall Windows screen, folders and files related to that program will be deleted, when you restart your PC, then those folders and files will be removed from the hard disk or SSD.
How to Pair Bluetooth Devices Windows 10
Turn on Bluetooth then search for the device you want to pair with your Windows 10 PC. When that device shows up, click on it, now that device is paired with your laptop or computer.
If you want to connect the smartphone to your PC, then while pairing it, a Bluetooth notification will come in which the same code will be in your PC as well, accept it in both the devices, after that your PC will be Bluetooth paired with your smartphone.
How to Take Screenshot in Windows 10
PrtScn: On pressing this button, a screenshot of the entire screen is taken at once. If you have multiple monitors connected simultaneously, pressing the Print Screen button at once will take a screenshot of all the screens in a single image.
Alt + PrtScn: Press these buttons at the same time to take a screenshot of the single window in front of you. Make sure to first select the window you want to screenshot, and then press these keys.
Win+PrtScn: Using Windows Kies with the Print Screen button (in Windows 8 and newer) will take a screenshot of the entire screen and save it in a subfolder named Screenshots inside the default Pictures folder for example C:\Users\user\Pictures\Screenshots.
How to Take Screenshot In Laptop
On a laptop also you can take screenshots almost like a Windows computer. Windows key and by pressing the PrtScn (Print Screen) button.
Some laptops may require you to press the Windows logo key + Ctrl + PrtScn or Windows logo key + Fn + PrtScn keys instead of the Windows logo key + Prt sc.